This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

how to develop N-Tier Layer for WCF Service by using Entity framework 6.0.. Suggest me exposing Entities as datacontract is good or bad?

May 16, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Could you please help in creating N-Tier Arch for WCF Service which will uses Entity framework 6.0 for data access.

I have worked in Creating N-Tier Arch for WCF using Software factory with Enterprise library....for data access and exception logging in database as well as in file system

But am really confused whether I can expose the Entities which generated as part of the Entity framework in the WCF Service data contract... also suggest me how to implement other activities like exception logging in database using the entity framework...

If possible please guide me by creating Sample or demo N-TIER Arch for WCF using Entity framework...

I have seen lot of articles saying need to use repository pattern when using Entity framework

Do we really need to implement or use repository pattern when using Entity framework Is using Trackable Entities a good idea for WCF? Also please explain how the Trackable Entities works?

Note : We are not going to use wcf data service but we are going to develop just wcf service...
Coordinator
May 17, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Did you install and use N-Tier Entity Framework? If so, I don't understand you questions, otherwise you should give it a try....

Please also check my answer to your post on stackoverflow.