New Release

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Hi, do you have a plan for a new release that support Framework 4.5.1 and EF6, and maybe a date in mind for that release.
Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your message.
Version 1.3 of the framework release on January 6, 2014 does support EF6.
Please let me know if there are any issues with that version.
Best regards, Christof
Jan 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Hi thanks for the quick reply.

I installed the template the last friday using visual studio 2013 extension manager, but the install is for the 1.2 version.
Looking your reply I donwload the source code today and make the install from there for the new 1.3 version. I'm just started to play with the example application that comes with the code. I let you know if something comes up
Jan 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Hi Christoph I had to make some minor changes in the WPF example app for make it work in VS2013.

Manually re add almost all ntier dll references, remove the silverlight proyect from the solution because I get alot of warnings and errors about it (I think than maybe the problem is the version of silvierlight used in the example is not updated, and I only have VS2013 instaled)
I also have to include
<identity>      
     <dns value="localhost" />
</identity>
in the wsHttpBinding endpoint for the service ProductManager.Server.Domain.Service.ProductManagerDataService

Changing the subject a little, I saw that your WPF app use a MVVM model that is coded pretty well, so I took borrow some code for my own test app.
I also want to ask you if you are using some framework for the WPF MVVM?.

thanks in advance for you time and good job
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Edited Jan 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Yes, the samples are slightly out-of-date as they were targeting Visual Studio 2010, EF4, and version 1.0 of the n-tier entity framework.

For the WPF sample I've made used of WPF Application Framework (WAF) from http://waf.codeplex.com/.
Please feel free to reuse anything you find useful from the sample application, it's all under Apache License :-)